eldercare, banner


Jenkintown Guardianship Attorney Gerry Woods


A guardianship is typically sought when an elderly or incapacitated person is unable to handle his or her finances and personal affairs.

When the guardianship is appointed, the guardian assumes responsibility for the person's finances, health and safety.

At the Elder Care Law Center, we represent family members who are seeking guardianship over an incapacitated relative as well as defend people over whom a guardianship is sought when that person opposes it.

We help clients in Philadelphia, Eastern Montgomery County, Lower Bucks County, and Delaware County, Pennsylvania from our office in Jenkintown, northwest of Philadelphia.

Guardianship attorney Gerry Woods is happy to discuss your concerns about a guardianship for an older adult or a younger adult with a mental health issue or special needs.

Call the Elder Care Law Center at (215) 886-1881 to schedule your consultation with a lawyer. Or, contact us by e-mail and someone from our firm will be in touch with you promptly.

Would Your Loved One Benefit From a Guardianship?

Gerry can discuss your family's guardianship needs with you. To establish a guardianship, the court will have to be petitioned and medical evidence will need to be presented.

If it is determined by the court that the individual is unable to make decisions regarding their own finances or welfare, guardianship is granted. The types of people who may need a guardianship include:

  • An elderly loved one who suffers from dementia or Alzheimer's
  • A younger adult with mental health issues
  • A younger adult with special needs

Typically, our firm with spouses and adult children who are concerned about the welfare and best interests of their spouses and parents. We understand this may be a difficult time for you and your family. We provide the personal service and quality care that our clients truly deserve.

Guardianships can be contested. Physician testimony is considered in these proceedings. Our firm also represents people who are contesting proposed guardianships.

If you are interested in learning more about how the Elder Care Law Center can help with your guardianship matter, contact us to schedule your consultation.